Start by baking your brownies, use your favorite recipe or mix…I always make a 13×9 recipe. Set them aside to cool COMPLETELY. I grease my pan, then line it with parchment, leaving a couple of inches of parchment on the long sides…makes it super easy to slide them right out.
In a mixing bowl, cream a stick of butter and a cup of powdered sugar together.
Make sure they are completely blended together…
Action shot LOL. Next add in a couple tablespoons each of vanilla pudding mix and half & half (you could also use milk). Whip them together.
It becomes this nice shade of yellow after the vanilla pudding mix is added. Now for the final addition…the peanut butter! I added a generous (heaping) ¼ of a cup
Once this is completely blended and smooth, spread on top of your cooled brownies (did you get that? the brownies need to be cooled…repetition is my strategy of choice with my family, can you tell?).
Cut & serve…& watch them disappear!
|Creamy Peanut Butter Brownies|
- Brownies, baked and cooled
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 T instant vanilla pudding mix (the powder only)
- 2 T half & half (if you don’t have it, use milk)
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- Prepare your brownies per package or recipe, I always use a 13×9 recipe and I line my baking pan with parchment paper so I can pull it out easily to cool. If brownies aren’t thoroughly cooled, the frosting will melt.
- Cream butter and powdered sugar together.
- Mix in vanilla pudding and half & half until well blended.
- Add peanut butter, mix until smooth.
- Scrape down sides frequently during all steps.
- Spread over cooled brownies.
Today’s secret revealed…the first time I made these I let Luke sample the frosting, I had already tried it and couldn’t quite put my finger on what the taste reminded me of…he hit the nail on the head, it tastes like the inside of Reese’s Pieces. This is like a quickie version of the Top Secret Reese’s Cup Cake…the only recipe I am not allowed to share.